SAY Permanently No to GLASSES
Most advance Sachwind Amaris 500 Lasik Machine The first of its kind in Uttarakhand
LASIK is eye surgery that permanently changes the shape of the cornea (the clear covering on the front of the eye) in order to improve vision and reduce a person's dependency on glasses or contact lenses. LASIK is most often done on people who use glasses or contact lenses because of nearsightedness (myopia). It is occasionally used to correct farsightedness. It may also correct astigmatism.
- You should be at least 18 years old (21 in some cases, depending on the laser used), because vision may continue to change in people younger than 18. A rare exception is a child with one very nearsighted and one normal eye.
- You should not have this procedure if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, because these conditions can affect eye measurements.
- You should not have this procedure if you take certain prescription drugs, such as Accutane, Cardarone, Imitrex, or oral prednisone.
- Your eyes must be healthy and your prescription stable.
- You should be in good general health. LASIK may not be recommended for patients with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, glaucoma, herpes infections of the eye, or cataracts.
What Are the Advantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK has many benefits, including:
- It has been around for over 25 years and it works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used.
- Vision is corrected nearly by the day after LASIK.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
- After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.